Wednesday, July 15, 2009

While You Were Out....

Now that Wendell is home, I can safely post these pictures up here! Every time he deploys I try to do something to surprise him when he returns (other than the house still standing, kids dressed, fed, and hair done, and of course, my sanity!)

So the first thing we did, which he did know about, was replace our front door. Because its an inch shorter than stock, the previous purchaser of the door had it cut down and how ever they "secured" it--it failed. So even Wendell had to muscle it to open our front door. So here is our new front door and storm door. (Yes, our front door is primed. I'll let him pick the color but let's hear your vote too!)




















The other thing I did while he was gone was to make some changes in the girls' bathroom. It started out as a painting project (which he knew about) but once I asked my neighbor to come over and move the toilet so that I could paint behind it, it snowballed after he offered to move the sink and vanity to paint behind that too! I don't think I have a before picture of the bathroom, but if you've been here, you remember the ugly wallpaper that was up there. I had that stripped a few months ago so we were just trying to decide upon the color. We chose to keep it the plain cream that's all over the house in case we ever try to sell the house, but agreed to give the kids bright colors since we all hate "white walls." Working with the shower curtain that was given to us last year, we had our inspiration!





















I also got a little creative and bought some candle holders that were black. I spray painted them cream and bought the 4 colors in the shower curtain and mixed them around as the trim on the circles. I think they turned out great and impressed myself! lol
















So now with these pictures I see that the bathroom isn't all together, but this was all a surprise, so ......I had to be creative with my spending and haven't purchased the outlet covers and I'm going to let him put in the matching hand towel holder and TP holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment